Clark County Vegetable Gardening Class
Clark County Vegetable Gardening Classes
Location: Clark County 4-H Fair GroundsThe Clark County annual vegetable gardening class series dubbed “The After Dinner Garden Conversation” is here again! Starting January to September 2018, we would have a series of 9 classes, one class per month on Thursdays from 7-9pm. There will be a fee of $20 for all 9 classes and $5 per class should you choose to participate in only some of the classes. Participants will get a 3-ring binder with presentations they participate in and enjoy light snacks at every presentation
Below is the schedule.Date Topic:
- January 18th - Raising Vegetable Seedlings for the Home Garden not Rocket Science
- Feb 15th - Starting your Garden Early and Ending Late – Strategies and Tricks
- March 15th - Your Vegetable Seedlings are Ready for the Garden, then What?? - Basic Vegetables Agronomy for the Home Gardener
- April 12th - Tomatoes: More Than Just in The Garden
- May 24th - A plant ID and Management Session with Bob Hill of Hidden Hill Nursery and Simon Kafari, Purdue Extension (Hidden Hill Nursery Location)
- June 14th - Growing Healthy vegetables in your Garden - The Application of Basic Organic Gardening Concepts to the Home Garden
- July 12th - Managing your Garden Pests without the use of Pesticides - The Place of Integrated Pest ManagementAugust 23rd Healing Gardens Part 1 - Basic Design Considerations
- September 13th - Healing Gardens Part II! Construction of key Components to a healing Garden
Clark County Extension is once again offering the opportunity to beginner Gardeners to get to learn how to successfully raise vegetables in their community gardens and backyards. It is also an opportunity for Gardening enthusiasts and experienced gardeners to come share their knowledge with beginner gardeners.
The after dinner garden conversation as the name implies is going to do just that! We will combine conversations that share individual experiences with power point presentations.
Registration is required to attend, as a minimum number is required for the program to come on. To register for this event, or if you have questions about the event, please call the Clark County Extension office (812-256-4591) or email email@example.com. Should you need a reasonable accommodation to participate, prior to the day of an event, please contact the Extension office at 812-256-4591.
Purdue is an equal access/equal opportunity University
|Event Date||06-14-2018 7:00 pm|
|Event End Date||06-14-2018 9:00 pm|